The reading material should be loaned for being taken away from the library building, in this regard library should adopt following procedure:
- Patron will search the required material using Online Public Access Catalogue (OPAC) and note the Call Number of required material OR Directly go to the relevant section, shelves.
- Patron will locate the required material from shelves and present it to Circulation Desk along with his/her smart card or go to RFID-based self service station to make transaction and get an automated printed receipt.
- Circulation desk, after verifying the smart card, will issue the material through KOHA and stamp the date slip.
Patrons can renew their book loan period in any of the following ways:
- Online renewal through Library Portal.
- Present books physically at the circulation desk
- Renew through RFID based self service station
- Send an email at email@example.com
However, overdue books should not be renewed through online portal through self service station, patron should present the books physically at the circulation desk.
Patrons can reserve an item that is already issued to someone else, through library portal or by requesting Circulation Desk. Library Assistant will enter the request in Systems and a system generated email will be forwarded to the patron as soon as the material becomes available. If the item is not collected within two days, the reservation will be considered cancelled